Showcase Shopping Ads in Google Ads – Guide
What are Showcase Shopping Ads?
In August 2020, Google updated the Showcase Shopping cost model. Previously, if a user viewed the expanded ad section for ten seconds, a click cost would be incurred but following the update, costs will accrue from clicks instead of impressions.
Where do Showcase Shopping Ads appear?
Showcase ads appear for high volume, generic search terms in Google Shopping, Images and Discover. The vast majority will serve on mobile & devices only, with a small fraction on desktop.
How to create Showcase Shopping Ads?
From the Google Ads User Interface;
- Navigate to (or create a new) Google Shopping campaign.
- Create a new Ad Group.
- Select the ‘Showcase Shopping’ type from the 2 options.
- Enter your desired Ad Group name.
- Choose your maximum bid for this ad group.
- Upload the product group to be used for this ad group (similar structure as regular Google Shopping product groups)
Why have Showcase Impressions increased recently?
After the recent update, impressions will count for each product displayed in your Showcase Ad. As a result, 30 products would increase from 1 to 30 impressions and a reduction in CTR.
Which countries are eligible to run Showcase Shopping Ads?
Since December 2020, the following countries offer the Google Showcase Shopping platform option.
Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States.
Showcase Shopping Tips
- Upload a minimum of 1,000 products to a Showcase Shopping Ad group to increase relevance & visibility.
- You can’t use Dynamic Keyword Insertion in your ad copy.